Re: Tenney Family Papers/ Benjamin Jewett Tenney

    After two years of mostly lurking I come to you all with a question. I
am searching for the Tenney Family papers-the Tenney's that included
Benjamin Jewett Tenney. Benjamin is my primary interest. His biography says
that he disappeared soon after 1855-supposedly after he arrived in San
Francisco. Every repository I have checked along his trail have come up
empty. He was an attorney, a prolific poet, a temporary editor of the
(Richmond, VA) Daily Dispatch, a political agitator, and one "who fell into
bad habits around 1844"I  (I take that line written by his brother to mean
BJ began to drink). While it seems possible that he was murdered in some
remote spot along a stagecoach trail, I find it hard to believe that his
papers were buried along with him. I've heard from old family members that a
collection of family papers exists somewhere-do any of you know of this
collection? I appreciate any help on this matter.
I thank you in advance, John Thomas