Re: Licensing and Multiple Use Fees for Archival Images

At 01:26 PM 03/09/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>March 9, 2000
>

>Some time back I made a request of list members for sample fee schedules
>for the multiple use and licensing of images from archival collections. (I
>also made direct inquiries to some Canadian institutions.) I have recently
>been asked to summarize the replies to this query for the List:
>
>-A Canadian provincial archives charges CDN$30.00 (for residents of the
>province), CDN$60.00 (for Canadian residents from outside the province) and
>CDN$150.00 for foreign residents for use of archival photos and textual
>material for publications, videos, film, CD-ROM, ads, displays, etc.
>(non-exclusive, one-time use, per photo/page) for profit organizations and
>companies. No charge exceptions include non-profit academic/educational
>uses, some media (news items), family history, charities (with a charitable
>number).
>
>-the same archives charges CDN$350.00 for use of archival material in
>merchandise (non-exclusive, one-time use). Fees for exclusive use to be
>negotiated.

Just a quick note on rough exchange figures folks -

The Cdn provincial archives is charging in U.S. dollars as follows: to
their own residents, $20.40; to other Canadians, $40.80; to non-Canadians,
$102.00  The one time use fee translates into $238.00 U.S.

Cheers!

Mark