[Fwd: N.J. State Archives Relocating in April]

--- Begin Message ---
New Jersey State Archives is Moving!

The New Jersey State Archives is moving to new, expanded and improved facilities in the Department of State Building in April 2000!  We look forward to welcoming researchers to our new home.

Our last open day for the public in the old Archives (in the State Library building) will be Friday, April 7.  We will then be closed for the move through Monday, April 24.

The Archives plans to reopen microfilm and frequently referenced collections only on Tuesday, April 25, at our new facility at 225 West State Street, in Trenton.  For several weeks thereafter, research access will be limited to microfilm and frequently referenced manuscript series, as our staff handles the complicated logistics of moving all remaining collections into the main storage area.  All other collections will reopen later during Spring 2000.  Attached to this message as a Word 97 file is a notice about our move and reopening dates, which can be downloaded and printed out for posting.

While the move continues, our mail reference services will be temporarily suspended for a period of approximately three months.

For updated reports on the status of the move, or for information concerning access to specific collections and mail reference services, researchers should contact the State Archives at (609) 292-6260, or check back at our web site.  Periodic notices will also be posted on the New Jersey History listserv regarding services affected by the move.

http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/darm.html
http://www.state.nj.us/state/secretar/news/archives.html
http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/a_new1.html

New Jersey State Archives
Division of Archives and Records Management
225 West State Street, P.O. Box 307
Trenton, NJ 08625-0307
Tel. (609) 292-6260
Fax (609) 396-2454