Re: PDF As A Standard

>Date:    Thu, 1 Jun 2000 13:36:59 -0400
>From:    Barbara Aikens <Aikensb@AAA.SI.EDU>
>Subject: Re: PDF As A Standard

>I'm not sure if I'm "techy" enough to follow all of the great responses to =
>my original query, but I do want to thank all for responding.  My original =
>question was about the best format for ACCESSING and LINKING digitized =
>TIFF files. I have the TIFF files on a CD.  The files were created from =
>digitized microfilm and each file represents 1 numbered microfilm frame, =
>organized according to reel numbers.  I am now grappling with ways to =
>access/serve the files without opening and closing each time  =AF a =
>cumbersome process at best! =20

>Has anyone seen any websites with digitized collections from microfilm??

We are in the process of digitizing the Maryland portion of the Early State
Records project which is on 64 reels of microfilm. You can view the films
we have completed at
<http://www.mdarchives.state.md.us/megafile/msa/speccol/sc4800/sc4872/html/i
ndex.html> (this URL may wrap in your e-mail software so you may have to
cut and paste into your browser). The username is aaco and the password is
aaco#. We used Perl to create the HTML pages which have inline GIFs. You
can page through the images or on the index page to each microfilm there
are hyperlinks to individual volumes. On each page there is a link to the
TIFF image. If you have any questions about the project feel free to
contact me.
Roger H. Kizer Ball                     rogerhkb@mdarchives.state.md.us
Archives of Maryland On-Line            http://www.archivesofmaryland.net
Maryland State Archives