Re: Reference Hours

Hello there!

Here at Special Collections of The George Washington
University, we have a head, two librarians, and one
paraprofessional, all full-time (another
paraprofessional full-time position is currently
vacant).  During the academic year, we are open from
12noon-5:00pm, and we allow researchers to sign up for
a Monday night appointment, where they can stay until
8:00pm.  During the summer and winter breaks, we don't
offer Monday night appointments.

Even though we're "closed" from 8am-noon, I still find
myself doing "reference"--- i.e., e-mails and phone
calls--- during that time.  It seems like there are
never enough hours in the day!

Bernadette  :)

Bernadette A. Boucher

=====
Bernadette A. Boucher, MLS (Rutgers, May 1999)
"It's alright to 'like books' but a librarian should like people."

balibra76@yahoo.com