Salary requirement, NOT history

I've never included a salary history  on any resume.  I only include salary information when asked by a prospective employer to state
my "salary requirements."

If someone asks for a salary history I suppose you could simply state what you're currently making.  Remember to think
about  "what the new job is worth" and completely get away from using what you're currently making at your old job
as some sort of marker for your new position (unless they're very similar).   If the jobs are completely different and require more skills then using your
old job as a benchmark isn't that great of an idea.  And we all suffered through the early 1990's recession with the
ridiculous 2-3 percent raises ( or no raise) so we should expect more now.  If not, look for a new job and see what's out there.

Ask for what you want, expect to get it, and see what happens.

I can't emphasize this enough.

I think it's unrealistic to expect more employer's to list the salaries though they definitely should.  If it's a job you want
you'll just have to be creative and ask.

Bill Casari