From:   Daniel Sokolow [SMTP:daniel_sokolow@MCGRAW-HILL.COM]
Sent:   Thursday, June 29, 2000 9:37 AM
To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject:        Re: Box labels

I dunno - I might rethink the whole idea of permanent labels.  I've gone
with
double-sided tape and mylar envelopes.  My labels are just printed on plain
paper.  This way, if I move stuff around, or need a bigger box, I can
re-use the
boxes without trying to peel off old labels or cover them up with new ones.
suppose some people could afford to buy new boxes all the time (which then
means
my method is being more miserly than necessary), but I have to go under the
assumption that many of us can't just order tons of new materials whenever
we
want.

I've noticed, by the by, that Gaylord is offering a similar setup with
their
metal ring-pull and label holder document cases.  I think this is one
situation
where I've gotten the same results for considerably less money.  Don't get
me
wrong; I'm perfectly happy with their products and prices generally, but
there's
a point where I see no reason to pay more for what they're offering.

But I'm from a long line of cheap...

Daniel