beta video players

Have to cross post this to AMIA-L since those who so kindly
responded did so personally, but I wanted to continue this.  Thanks
for some very informative answers, which included lots of
background info on BETA's various manifestations.  If anyone is
interested in that I'll be happy to pass it along.

Someone asked if we converted to VHS at the same time.  For the
most part, yes; whenever we do film to video conversions if I think
the budget will handle it I do a BETA copy, even if we can't use it,
and make VHS copies for processing and patron use.

I've also tried and tried (and am still trying) to get a local station to
donate some equipment but so far, no joy.  It seems an obvious
solution but hasn't worked yet.

Thanks again for all the answers,

Roy Webb, C.A.
Multimedia Archivist