Re: Filters for lights

A better solution (medium to long term) if they're in fixtures with
diffusers,  is to find UV filtering replacement diffusers rather than the
individual bulb filters available through most archival suppliers.  The
individual bulb filters  age rather badly (they tend  to get brittle &
split after a while), and the maintenance staff may not notice to replace
the filter when they change the bulb.  I would contact any light fixture
supplier with your fixture/diffuser measurements, and ask for UV filtering
replacements.  You could also have UV filtering plexiglas cut to fit your
fixtures.  I've got a good local supplier here, let me know if you'd like
more detail.

Carolyn Texley
Dir. of Collections & Archivist
The Lincoln Museum