Re: Filters for lights

Chris,
You should probably also have a UV meter to check the efficacy of the filters.  In past instances it has been found that 1)
the filters break down over time and lose their filtering ability, or 2) they aint no good to start with.  You might want
to check with the New England Documents Conservation Center for recommended products that have been tested.  Dick King

Michael Horsley wrote:

> Check the major Archival/Library supply catalogs such as Gaylord, Conservation Resources Int'l, or University Products.

> Hello all,
> I just moved and the fluorescent lights are not filtered. I am hoping
> somebody has a source for filtered covers. Thanks,
>
> Chris Flynn, CA CRM
begin:vcard
n:;
tel;cell:520.419.6577
tel;fax:520.889.5660
tel;work:520.889.5666
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:University of Arizona;Records Management and Archives
version:2.1
email;internet:kingr@u.arizona.edu
title:Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;University of Arizona=0D=0ARecords Management and Archives,=0D=0A250 E. Valencia Road=0D=0A;Tucson;AZ;85706;USA
end:vcard