FW: OAH

Hi Everyone,
This was sent to me by Geoffrey Scott with a
request that I post it to the list. It's part of
the recent thread on the OAH, and the opinions
expressed are Geoffrey's.

Thanks,
Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator
Miami University Archives
Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-6720
rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu
_____________________________________

I know this debate has gone on and on, but I
really think the OAH and
its supports need a reality check in what they are
in fact saying here.
By saying that it is out of order for Mark Adams
to sue the OAH for
contract violation right after they settled with
the Justice Department,
are they  saying that after a party puts its house
in order they can not
then carry on business as usual?  As Kristin
Torgerson, I believe, ably
said in this ListServ earlier, this issue is the
very heartbeat of the
Hotel Reservation business.  The OAH took a
calculated risk in making a
Statement over this matter, but now is unwilling
to accept the
consequences?  Strange, historically, taking
risks, gladly paying for some
of them but not looking back, is the mark of the
winner, no?  Also, if a
Statement doesn't cost someone something, is it
worth making?

Geof Scott
Reference Archivist
Indiana State Archives