Re: College Group Photos

Jan, We too have the long panoramic student body photos from the 1920s.  I
wonder if anyone boxes these flat or do you keep them rolled?  I realize that
there would be quite a procedure to humidify the rolls so that they could be
coaxed to lay flat without breaking the emulsion but I am thinking about doing
just that.  Do we have any other choices?

Abilene Christian University's first yearbook, The Prickly Pear, was 1912 and
the pictures were printed on the press.  I have seen yearbooks with glued on
photographs.

Erma Jean Loveland
Special Collections
[BTW, I am an Albertson's CofI grad from when it was CofI!]

<ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU> =====
>We have a number of panoramic photographs of the student body and faculty
>from  the 1920's and 30's.  I'm quite sure such photos were taken every
>year, but not all have survived.  You're lucky to have such a comprehensive
>collection.
>Joanne Sawyer, Archivist
>Hiram College (OH)

Abilene, Texas