Re: Panoramic photos

I personally have a copy of a panoramic photo of a U.S. Calvary company taken in Texas in 1914. It is about 6 inches tall and about 30 inches wide. I have kept it as a conversation piece because it goes so well with the question: How many suns does this planet have?

In the photo the horse and rider at the far right casts a strong shadow directly to its left or the center of the picture. The horse and rider at the far left casts a shadow to the right or center of the picture. The angle of the shadows gradually shift as you get closer to the center where the shadow falls directly to the rear of the horse and rider.

Quite a few people saw it before someone was able to tell me about the camera on a swivel stand. Until then it was lots of fun to think of a time when 3 suns shone over the Texas plain or some other extraterrestrial explanation.

I don't know how long it may have taken that camera to complete its circuit but the horses did remarkably well with standing at attention.

Paula Marolis
Campus Crusade for Christ Archives
Orlando, Florida