Re: Music Collection

At 01:24 AM 1/23/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Ms Kennedy:
>
>I've read your message on the listserve and would like to know the
>following:
>Does your contact have any 18th or 19th century music by African people who
>were enslaved in the south and the north?  Any Pinkster Day music? Drumming
>music? Music that demonstrates the struggles of enslaved Africans on the
>North American continent?  I'm doing research in this area.   I may be
>reached at the following email...  zainabu.n.jones@verizon.net.  Thanks.

Brown University already has a very extensive collection of Africa-American
sheet music.  Perhaps they would be interested.
Jane M. Jackson
Providence College
Director of Archives
Phillips Memorial Library
College Archives and Special Collections
Providence, Rhode Island     02918
jjackson@providence.edu