More to good homes...

  We also have three groups of 4x5 acetate negs to an appropriate home, taken by Billy Davis Jr while he worked for a newspaper in TN:
  Chickamauga Celebration Parade/Governor's Day Parade, 8 items.  Floats, crowd, band, nice view of the Labor Hall in one. 1938
  UC Football- 6 items, team and individual shots, kicking and throwing. 1938
  The Battle of Chickamauga - this would be a re-enactment, since I don't think there was 4x5 safety film in 1863....men on horses lead the men on foot past a sign. 1938

  Contact me off-list.  We abide by the donor's deed of gift, but we try to find a home for items of interest that the donor doesn't want back.  Of course, there are always the hundred slides of cows with no identifying info or rodent-nibbled junkmail that will depart via the dumpster.  Unless some one REALLY wants them......surely there's an archive to accompany the Awful Art galleries that abound (the ones really dedicated to Bad Art, not just hte ones with bad taste).  A joy of the electronic world is being able to make these transactions quickly, without worrying that the person you're contascting will retire before they answer your mail.

Susan

Susan Knoer
Reference Assistant
Special Collections