Re: scanning fees

An alternative to CD distribution, for those that have ftp access to a web
site is to create a SCAN public directory, ftp the scan there, and give
the url address (such as <www.college.edu/spec/SCAN/6-004.jpg>) to the
customer. They call it up on their web browser and save to disk.

We tell them the scan will be available to them for ten days after which
it is deleted. That way we do not maintain an extensive set of scans for
all to grab. In theory, any one can go to the website and download the
scans, but only the customer is provided with the exact address. And the
image is quickly removed.

   ---Terry

Terry Abraham   Special Collections, University of Idaho
<http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/special-collections/>