Re: Research Question

You've probably already checked this but the scholar who has most
investigated this topic is Erasmo Gamboa who has published on this topic.
He found lots of stuff in archives throughout the Pacific Northwest.

   ---Terry

Terry Abraham   Special Collections, University of Idaho
<http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/special-collections/>