Re: Corporate Generosity

They are true. they were announced last night by the mayor. it is a fund for
the firefighters, ems and police who lost their lives. I think however that
Cisco's was announced as $4 million not 6.
Also Williams Gas has donated $1 million

Daniel wrote:
<snip>
I did not feel that the corporate world had the slightest
care for the general public, their employees, or their impact on the world
beyond what made them profits and gave them a good reputation.
<snip>

An opinion held by many folks and fostered by our entertainment industry.
Having worked for close to 20 years in the corporate world I can say that
yes corporations do do some things wrong, BUT it is not their intention to
do wrong. The profits that they make are what allow them to hire more
people, to improve their products, to pay dividends to their stockholder
(who grow everyday due to 401K and IRAs) and to make donations to non-profit
organizations, colleges/universities and other charitable orgs.

However the general public and most especially our children have been fed
the notion that the free market/capitalist economy is evil. Hopefully this
generosity will be remembered the next time someone trashes a corporation.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management Group
Woodside Summit Group Inc
Midlothian, Virginia