german translation

We have an uncataloged book which has been in our archives for quite some
time, I think, judging by its condition.  It is entirely in German and I was
wondering if someone out there reads German well enough to let me know
generally what the subject matter might be.  The font is Gothic and
sometimes difficult to determine exactly what letter I am looking at.  I
tried looking up the words, but couldn't really make since which ones were
the title, so please forgive if this sounds ridiculous. Thanks.

The first page that looks like it might be a title page says:

Wochenbande fur bas geiftige und materielle Wohl des Deutfchen Dolfes.
Herausgegeben don der Gefellfchaft zur Verbreitung guter und wohlfeiler
Bucher. Rit einer Renge von Ubbilbungen.  Stuttgart, 1846.  Erpedition der
Wochenbande.

The next page says:

Die Gchupfung in ihrer herrlichkeit. Fine gemeinfabliche Finleitung in die
Wiffenfchaften. Uus dem Englifchen von Dr. Franz Kottenkamp. Rit dielen
Abbilbungen. Stuttgart : Erpedition der Wochenbande, 1846.

Barbara M. Pope, M.L.S.
Reference Librarian
O.J. Cloughly Alumni Library
St. Louis College of Pharmacy