Re: Anti-static products for archival use

I use, and like, Mylar for its static properties for use in sleeving
photos and paper documents. When I have a photo with broken/cracked
emulsion or some other occasion where the static would be more detrimental
than beneficial, I use polyethlyene sleeves, which are similar to
Mylar but don't have a static charge. (They're not as crisp and crystal
clear as Mylar, but pretty good all the same). You can find polyethlyene
sleeves at the usual supply places.

Best,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Makala
Assistant University Archivist/Reference Librarian
Special Collections & Archives
Olin Library, Wesleyan University                       860.685.3863
252 Church St.                                          860.685.2661 fax
Middletown CT 06459                                     jmakala@wesleyan.edu