Re: cigar boxes

Way back when I was a child, we used cigar boxes for our "treasures" and
as pencil boxes for school.  I remember adults using cigar boxes for
small things - buttons, candy, letters.  This has nothing to do with
pharmaceuticals, but it's possible your boxes were used for miscelaneous
storage in people's desks.  As cigar smoking waned and office storage
possiblities increased, the cigar boxes were abandoned.  I also knew 2
people who collected cigar boxes - maybe someone at your place did and
they were not removed when that person left.  Aloha.

|((|  Ellen Chapman
|))|  Archivist for Congressional Papers
|((|  University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
|))|  2550 McCarthy Mall
|((|  Honolulu HI 96822  USA
|))|