stale stuff, cataloguing cereals, MAS and CA and AMC and integrated format

Apologies for mixing acronyms and homonyms in an "illegal operation"
environment, but here goes.

The issue I'm addressing isn't a CA/MAS thing; it's more of AMC issue
dealing with serials.

I'm interested in comments from those cataloguing "archival serials" and a
search of the archives brought up some interesting comments from Kate Bowers
(Harvard) and Enrique Gildemeister (CUNY) but these date from 1993 and 1994
and address more heavily issues between AMC and serials.  With integrated
format I'm looking at other issues now, and I'm interested in hearing from
others as to what is happening (especially "best practices") with regard to
cataloguing serial material in a corporate archives.

I could have sworn this came up in the past year or so, but I can't find it
now although I do find discussions of cataloguing "web serials" but that's
not what I'm looking at... apparently someone gave it subject lines of a
cutesy nature (hey, I never do that, do I? <g>)or something of which I'm
just not thinking.

Anyway, private discussions is welcome, and for that matter, public, too,
for those who'd like to de-rail the credentialising of archivism discussion.
 BTW, the delightful discussion between Leon Miller and Jon Reynolds and
others re "Are imprints archival?" got off to a good start, too, and was
also prematurely derailed by a MAC/PC feud.  Let's not do that one, D!

Note: for much of today I will not be able to pick up messages sent to me
privately; only those posted online.  Some days are like that!

Holly Hodges
near Houston