Re: Paperless Stuff

http://www.newyorker.com/printable/?critics/020325crbo_books

(For y'all who keep missing the link...)

What really did me in was about two thirds of the way through he made a reference to archives--which I hope I didn't get quite right.  It sounded like he thinks archives are constantly arranging, rearranging, organising and reorganising. <g>

Do folks really think we just shuffle around old paper?  Sigh.

I especially appreciated the remarks re: Melville Dewey.

So now I have a little more understanding of why I find paper so "comforting."

Holly Hodges