Re: what do you call your archival storage?

Anyone with a scorecard can record another vote for "vault."  Ours actually
used to be an honest to goodness coin vault.  Getting through the tumblers,
locks, DNA scans and other assorted security features is sort of a new
employee initiation.  Thankfully, with a healthy dose of beginner's luck, I
have a good record of getting in on the first try.  Also a good record of
getting out.  My favorite feature is the little air vent that can be
activated if someone is (accidentally?) locked in.  Has not been put to
use...yet.

Joseph M. Komljenovich
Assistant Archivist
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Tel: (212) 720-8906
Fax: (212) 720-1749
joseph.komljenovich@ny.frb.org

Any comments or statements made in this transmission reflect the views of
the sender and are not necessarily the views of the Federal Reserve Bank of
New York.

                    Christy Johnson
                    <johnschr@WELLSFARGO       To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
                    .COM>                      cc:
                    Sent by: Archives &        Subject:     Re: what do you call your archival storage?
                    Archivists
                    <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.M
                    UOHIO.EDU>

                    03/26/2002 02:26 PM
                    Please respond to
                    johnschr

We call ours the vault as well, but it literally is in an old bank vault
with the heavy combination door and all.  We have off-site storage that we
refer to as the street address and a room near the archives that we call
the
ante room (or as I like to call it, the nightmare room).
Christy Johnson
Assistant Archivist
Wells Fargo Historical Services
MAC A0101-026