Re: Q: Why do you need space... everything is online now...

And why do they think they need space for classrooms?  Since eveything and
everyone is on the Internet, students can access their lessons and interact
with faculty and other students from home, dorm, or anywhere.  There's no
longer any need to waste precious space on old-fashioned classrooms.

And how about those athletic fields and buildings?  The committee should be
able to arrange for webcasting sports events so that students and alumni can
watch from almost anywhere--no need for on-campus athletic facilities,
especially the space they waste to accommodate spectators just a few days out
of the year.  It would be much more efficient to rent a small gym or field in
the low-rent district where the jocks can play in front of the cameras and
save the valuable campus real estate for something related to learning.