clarification on copyright & thesis question

All:

Based on some of the responses I've already received, I see that I should have included a few more details.  We would only make one copy for circulation (unless it proves so popular that we need a second copy, as with Annie Dillard's thesis).  Right now we are asking people to sign a form when they turn their thesis in.  The form explains about the copyright issues, etc.  However, there are some people who are refusing to sign the form for whatever reason or they forget to fill it out and I have to call them and send them another one.  Our graduate office thinks we should give them the option and have a line that says "I do not give my permission" that they can sign.  I don't agree with this but I'm willing to make an occasional exception.  This whole thing has become a big hassle and I'm looking for an easier way.

Beth S. Harris,
Special Collections Management Librarian
Wyndham Robertson Library / Hollins University
POB 9000 / 7950 E. Campus Drive
Roanoke, VA  24020-1000
Phone: 540.362.6237 / Fax: 540.362.6756
Web:http://www.hollins.edu/academics/library/libtoc.htm