Social Security Number question

I am the Librarian for a specialized library at a state university.  One
of my archival collections is from an academic department's fraternal
society.  One of their sevices has been to provide a resume book for
perspective employers.  The resumes, grades, and a database of name,
address, etc. are included in their materials.  I know the grades are
restricted.

The database includes the student's social security number.  How do I
save the information without the column with the SSN?  I also have the
computer disks the information was saved on.

One thing I thought about was taking the SSN column out of the disk and
printed out new pages with the rest of the database information.  But
that doesn't feel right.  Any suggestions?

Susan F. Walker
Fire Protection Publications Library
Oklahoma State University