Re: printing cuts in a university archives

I'm somewhat challenged as to what these blocks look like. However, I think
of the Souleiado provencal prints (fabrics) and am glad someone had the
foresight to not discard the blocks, which now serve as inspiration for
designs on fabrics.  The Souleiado Museum in Tarascon, France, houses these
blocks. A thing of beauty, for sure.

http://www.souleiadousa.com

Also, if you were to visit the Spode factory in Staffordshire, England, you
will see artisans tapping designs into copper sheets which become the
detailed and glorious designs on transferware. Many of the older patterns
remain immensely popular today. You have all seen them on dishes. Old
techniques, yes, but they still find favor with artisans yet today. Spode is
not exactly small potatoes (spuds or speds or whatever) in the
china/porcelain business.

Sharon Lee Butcher
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library