RE: [compost_tea] Re: Soak in a Bucket CT NO NO NO

From: Mike Bosko <mjbosko_at_jmtsystems.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:28:49 -0700

I'm not sure why I'm getting included in these messages as being a
proponent, or even an opponent, of either of these. I use the bucket method
because its what I have, and can afford at the time. I don't add 'food' to
it, so am basically using as another way of spreading my tea. I spray it
into my personal garden (which only I and my family eat), and onto my hay
fields (which is sold to the public and promoted as not having used chem.
Fertilizers). I clean my veggies before eating them, as anyone would do who
buys from the chem growers anyway - why should this be different than with
CT? No one sues the chem. mfgs for their spraying the veggies we buy at
Safeway. WHOOPS got off track.

I see the positive benefits of AACT and the negatives of a tea gone
anaerobic. But never have I promoted either as being the way to go; and I
don't expect to do so. I'm on this list to learn how to use it and make it
myself, for my own use. I'll help promote it in any way I can though,
because I believe in it (aact). And in helping to get public awareness and
then gov approval (ugh), I only strongly suggest getting the public involved
and interested in it first, not going about getting approval via commercial
means from the start - you get far further using the far more majority of
the public (imo). This is why I suggested submitting articles to OG - you
will get a great following from those readers.

But from making these suggestions I'm labeled as a promoter of non-aact, or
anaerobic, teas??? I don't get it. If, for some reason however, in my past
few posts I may have miswrote something to give reason to read me that way .
I'll post here to say - I'm only here to learn. I have input on promoting
it only because I believe in it (aact). But I am in no way experienced or
knowledgeable enough to give any reasons for the good or bad, for either of
the methods. I admit that.

Thanks,

Mike