Re: [compost_tea] political clout

From: <jamsot_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:33:59 EDT

Jeff

Here in the tri state area we have large groups fighting to get organic laws
passed becoming friends with politicians and we have made some headway with
the numbers of people that support the change.

However, and there is always a however, I also belong to other professional
industry groups that wanted to slow down the political change in pesticide
rules and the such. Very little people support but big money support from the
industry. They lobbied and guess what.

The money won, I hear what you are saying about grass roots, but if we pooled
our cash together and went at that angle we would being making headway a lot
faster. Maybe we could get the attention of a RFK jr or the like.

I also understand that people are not ready to go that step so we will
continue on the constant route we are on.

James Sottilo