[compost_tea] Sprayers for small scale applications

From: Tim Livingstone <tlivingstone_at_jollyfarmer.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:14:39 -0300

I used a backpack sprayer last year, but it was a lot of work.
Planning to use a lot of tea around home this year, I decided to
invest in a system that was easy to use and productive. We have
had good success with a 16 gallon sprayer from NH Northern. It
has a diaghram pump capable of 1.8 gpm and runs from a 12 volt
battery. These are designed to go on an ATV, but I put it on a
wagon and purchased a small car battery for it. The battery will last
for quite a few tank loads on one charge. The only modification we
needed to do was to remove the screen from the suction line in the
tank. Sprayer costs $125-$150 USD plus cost of the battery. We
have used these sprayers in our greenhouse operation and found
them to be very durable and dependable.

Tim Livingstone
Jolly Farmer Products

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510