Re: [compost_tea] ACT Test

From: David Loring <dloring3_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:36:34 -0700

I'm in Southern California and have a Sotillo 50 gal machine. At this time=
 of year I would expect the machine to run 80-85*F. Everyone has to start =
in the morning right, so that the tea can be sent for sampling the next mor=
ning? We'll need to compare machine sizes in paired groups, there is no wa=
y to compare a 5 gal with a 50 gal brew . . too many unknowns. Maybe 50's=
 and 100's could compare but even that is a stretch. We should be able to =
find four people with approximately the same sized machines, whether commer=
cial or home made, I would hope. I would suggest we use our combined exper=
iences to come up with a recipe that can be agreed on. I think everyone ne=
eds to chime in on what size machines they have. I'd be willing to be secr=
etary if everyone will just use the same heading like the ACT Test that is =
now in the subject line.

Dave Sotillo 50