Subject: Vacuum seeds?
Author:  "lloyd kinder" <lkindr@hotmail.com> at CWB
Date:    9/9/98 11:00 PM

Another idea I have is to use a vacuum for beans and other seed that
falls on the ground behind a combine or picker. Years ago a friend shared
his idea of using a backpack type vacuum to scoop up acorns to use for
food. I wonder if several such vacs could be mounted on an implement
frame to scoop up beans, because we have a lot of weeds and most of the
bean plants are laid down on the ground. Those $20 per bushel beans
shouldn't just be left behind for soil building, should they? I'd rather
use something cheaper to build soil. If anyone knows of vacs that could
be adapted, I'd like to know. I wonder if they could be pto driven or
maybe motor driven is better, or hydraulic motor driven. Help. Lloyd