oops

My apologies for the wrong info. on the origin of the mites. I realize the
immediate importance of saving existing bees with essential oils, etc., for
the short run. However, why does it seem that so little attention has been
paid to introducing a broader base of genetic material into bees,
especially now with genetic engineering? Okay, you can all stop hissing
now. I mean it's not like a major chunk of the economy depends on having
fruits, vegetables, and grains, now does it? If these mites have been
observed to have been a problem dating back to the 20s in England (tracheal
mites) and the 60s in Asia (varroa mites), surely there must be some groups
that are resistant. Or is work &/or progress in this area too low for the
radar of info. distribution?