Subject: native bees
Author:  Leigh Hauter <lh@pressroom.com> at CWB
Date:    9/22/98 12:49 PM

native bees (and there's dozens of different types - as we all have
noticed while picking our vegetables) are, as far as I know, not
affected by the mites.  As far as pollination is concerned, some
beekeepers are starting to use native communal bumblebees (ouch!). Even
though I still have a small apiary of Three Banded Italians, most of my
garden seemed to have been pollinated with native bees.