shareholder retention

Does anyone who hasn't commented yet, have a program for shareholder
retention?  Are people now offering renewal programs and if so are they
giving this year's shareholders special benefits if they renew for next
year? Any other thoughts besides - grow great produce, grow a variety of
veggies and fruit tailored for your market, and work on developing a
community between shareholder and farm which includes regular
communications (newsletter) and farm based activities.

Speaking of markets, do you target a special group of people to become
your shareholders.  An example, I target the public interest sector in
Washington DC which includes environmental (horrors, Lloyd) social
justice and other similar groups.  I figured it would be easier to sell
to this group because they were more likely to know about a CSA and
would be willing to try one.  I also had most of the DC groups fax
numbers so it made it easy to contact them.   Do you do something
similar and how do you reach your potential customers?