Re: Wheat and other Grains

Sounds like a fine place to start a bulk purchasing co-op.  Get a good
certified scale that will measure up to 10 pounds, buy grain in 50-pound
quantities and repackage.  Tack on a small handling charge for the repackaging
(most groups charge 15-20%).

I grow about 20% of what my CSA members want/need, and develop alliances with
other farms for the remainder.  At 200+ different varieties and five different
kinds of livestock, enough is enough already.  <G>

And I don't have any problem at all with the idea of helping other small farms
in my area stay in business by sharing the market share with them.

Dori Green
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
Corning, NY

http://www.agrove.com