Re: WB Nuthatches

Hi there!

I had not checked my Carolina Birds email in a while, but I was excited to
see this post from Tanya! Yesterday (the 10th) I was at my mom's house to
collect some of my birdhouses, intending to put them up in my own yard.

As I opened the front of a bluebird box mounted on a tree trunk, a white
breasted nuthatch flew out, almost hitting me in the face. I was amazed to
count SIX eggs in the box! That pair is off to an early start, it seems.

Needless to say, that is one box that will spend the season in my mom's yard.
:-)

Lisa in Raleigh, NC
lisabirder@aol.com