Another hawk; Filing rare bird reports; a bird to watch for

Hi Carolinabirders,

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 Annatova@cs.com wrote:

> There are two species at Robeson Creek that I did not expect  - a sedge wren
> and a Thrush sp. (ok, four species - Red-headed Woodpecker and Northern
> Parula)  I am confident the thrush was either a Bicknell's or a Gray-cheeked.
>  Is there anyone/where to submit my notes for the sighting?

Rare bird reports for the Carolinas can be filed on-line at the Carolina
Bird Club website at http://www.carolinabirdclub.org/rare_bird.html
You can also download a .pdf version of the form, or of the NC state
checklist (and presumably the SC list once it's finished), and see who
the members of the Carolina Bird Record Committees are, at
http://www.carolinabirdclub.org/records_cmmtee.html

I walked to the bus stop around 10 AM today. Spotted an accipiter, which
smelled like a Sharpie, circling above treetop level over Duke's central
campus (Oregon Road). Sure looked like it was migrating...

Want to see a cool bird? Visit
http://www.javaswift.com/floridabirds/albinoDunlin.html
This critter really stands out of the crowd; maybe somebody can find it
again on the Outer Banks, or along Chesapeake Bay or Delaware Bay, as it
migrates north.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose