Whip-poor-will and classroom speakers

I have just started keeping records, but my memory tells me I have never
heard a Whip-poor-will this early - this morning. Am I right?

Every year I have a lot of Whip-poor-wills and Chuck-will's-widow's in the
empty acres across the street.  It gets almost deafening at night.

On a different subject, next school year I would like to have an "expert" on
bird ecology visit my AP Environmental Science classroom(Millbrook High,
Raleigh, NC). Any volunteers out there?
Also, I am trying to develop a project involving birds and the environment.
Something rather advanced to challenge these college bound students. Any
suggestions most appreciated.

Brian T. Murphy   http://brmurphy.home.mindspring.com/
Millbrook High School    http://schools.wcpss.net/MillbrookHigh
Raleigh, NC USA