tiny joke; chickadees hatched!!!No bees, knock on wood

---

> Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two
> dead raccoons.
> The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry,
> gentlemen,
> only one carrion allowed per passenger."

Okay, I couldn't resist. Had a great walk with Pat
Coin to Mason Farm Saturday. Then Chris and I stopped
by Galloway Ridge, the new development area beside
Fearrington Village. Chris spotted a male prairie
warbler. a nice surprise!
also, our chickadees hatched! We are monitoring the
box regularly. And very hopeful, no bees will take it
over!! Mama bluebird is still sitting for another
week, I approximate.
The New Hope Audubon booth  group is preparing for the
Apple Chill festival in Chapel Hill. We will be across
from the planetarium, so come by and see us this
Sunday 1p-6p!
Kate

=====
Kate Finlayson