weekend new arrivals at Eno SP

Hi folks,

Sat am at Eno revealed 2 new birds for me and some familiar ones.

yellow-throated warbler (1 male)
house wren (making an amazing fuss with wing shaking and singing)
N parula (1 of each sex)
Prairie warblers (>4)
E phoebe (1)
YR warblers (lots)
white-eyed vireo (heard only)
barn swallows (lots already nesting under the bridge at Cole Mill/pump station)
pine warblers (>5 all singing)

Also a report from 2 other birders of a worm-eating warbler (Hi Drew
and Anna if you are out there!)

Still no indigos :-(

Mason Farm sat pm got a watersnake species, red-headed WP, white-eyed
vireo, common yellowthroat, what I think may have been a hooded
warbler and my first bug bites of the year. Oh and a sharpie shot
into the trees in a steep dive. Missed the redstart and tanager sp I
was told about: next time maybe!

Steve Perry

Receptor Biology Lab, Duke Uni Med Center, Durham, NC

stevep@receptor-biol.duke.edu