Mason Farm- Kentucky Warbler

    I spent from 11:30-1:00PM today at Mason Farm.
Definitely the best bird, a life bird for me, was Kentucky Warbler.  I first
only heard it and decided that's what it was for sure (I know Will's heard
that from me before), but then with some patience I saw it about 6-8 ft. up
near the trunk of a small tree, and got to watch while it sang some more too!!
    Also heard a song that I couldn't ID till saw a male Am. Redstart singing
away.
    Only other mystery was a song that sounded like a Swainson's Warbler on
my Birding By Ear tape, I've been listening to it a lot in the last few days
because I thought I heard one in the yard possibly, but try as I may I never
got a look at the singer.  Darn, guess I'll have to go back and check for it
again.
    A huge Rat Snake was sunning on a snag, and there were bike riders on the
path disobeying the no-biking rules.
Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC