Strange Bluebird Behavior?

During the past few days I've noticed that bluebirds had established a nest
in one of our boxes and feeding of the young had commenced.  I now have a
rather odd situation occurring with what I presume is one of the fledglings,
but can't be sure.  During the last two days, the bird has taken to roosting
on a window feeder outside my study.  He will peck at the window, then fly
up the window and back down again, roost & peck again; then, just fly off
only to return later.  Much to my wife's disdain, he's made quite a mess of
the window.  Has anyone ever heard of this type of behavior in a bluebird,
and quite frankly, how to stop it?  Thanks.

Regards,

Randy Dunson
Hillsborough  NC