pond watch

had a common yellow throat respond to my pishing which in itself is a
miracle as I usually make them leave.  Canada geese are nesting on the
island and when visited by "presumed" fish crows (id'd by call), the male
folk got after the crows.  3 ruddys with really white patches and stiff
tails, heard field and song, and chippies. Still many wt sp.  After
observing the chickadee building a nest in a pipe about 2-3 " in
diameter,and getting several reponses from other readers. does anyone know
if a nest pipe could be constructed from PVC pipe and and 90 deg elbow. I
have conceived in my mind a 3" diameter pipe cut on a angle on the ground
end to pound in the ground, drill 2 holes for nails to pass through for a
support for the nest and then an elbow to make the "hole".  should I put
wood chips in for them to excavate?  is it too late. Oh forgot(at the pond)
to add Phoebe calling and a nesting bird I forgot to look up; grayish with
yellow wash on the sides nesting underneath some working part of the
overflow mechanism of the pond.  ( sometimes I just go and look and marvel
without knowing what I am looking at)  Pond at NE orange co, nesting
chickadee in Moncure and I am in Hillsborough NC  barb  brooksba@mindspring.com