Scissor-tailed Flycatcher

Monroe, NC

Today about 1:00 PM the STs were observed hanging about the nest without
sitting on the nest.  This same behavior was observed the previous two
years when the babies were hatching.  Since we cannot see the nest (too
high), we can only guess that this is what is happening.  If they are
hatching today, the feeding activity should begin with increasing
frequency as the babies grow.  In the last two years it took about 1 1/2
weeks from hatching to fledging.

Anne Olsen

--
Blayne & Anne Olsen
bolsen@trellis.net

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus for Trellis]