Jordan Lake - New Hope mudflats Sun.

A day can make a lot of difference when shorebirding.  Such was the case
today at the New Hope Creek arm of Jordan Lake.  Many of the birds seen
yesterday were not present today, although in number of species we still
tallied 10 shorebirds (11 if you count the Killdeer) including:

Western Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Semipalmated Plover
Stilt Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Spotted Sandpiper
Solitary Sandpiper

Still, the number of species exceeded the number of observers (8) which is
not bad.

Numbers of individuals were roughly half the Saturday totals, with the
exception of Pectoral and Least Sanpipers, which remained about the same.
We did have one Snowy Egret in with the Greats, and both White and Glossy
Ibis apparently flew over my head when I was not looking.

Have a great week!
Steve Shultz
Apex, NC