Henderson County Update

Folks,
        The Ruddy Turnstones (6) continue to be seen at Lake Osceola.  I was
there about 1:45 PM today and only saw 3 birds but Ron Selvey said that he
saw all 6 at about 3:00PM.  On an interesting note, while I was watching
them, an elderly lady who resides on the lake asked me what kind of birds
they were.  She further stated that she has never seen anything like them
before.  I told her what they were, how unusual they were for the mountains
and mentioned that there were 6 birds.  She looked at me and said, when I
first saw them several days ago, there were at least 20 of them on the lawn
next to the lake.  I looked out my window, (30 feet away) and couldn't
believe my eyes.  These birds today,  were on the same lawn where she states
she saw the 20+ birds.
Best regards,
Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe