Savannah River NWR

On the way home from Florida today, my wife and I stopped at Savannah River
NWR and did the loop drive.  We saw the usual suspects plus some
interesting birds.  The most surprising, to us at least, were three
swallowtail kites soaring over the refuge.  We got very good looks at them
from fairly close range because they flew directly over us.  We also saw a
pair of black necked stilts and watched a least tern hunting over a flooded
area.  We were treated to several sightings of a female northern harrier
hunting diligently in the fields west of the highway.

Bob

Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu