falcon?

Dear C-birders,

This morning as I drove south along rural highway 321, I saw what appeared to be a peregrin falcon swoop over the trees. (For those who know the area, it was right where the four-lane becomes two-lane, heading into Winnsboro, SC.) All I could see was a silhouette, but the lines were decidedly falcon-like. (I see buteo silhouettes all the time -- a different shape altogether.) I suppose it might have been an accipiter, but it seemed larger and more stream-lined than most I've seen before. Anyone know of peregrin falcons passing through SC piedmont this time of year?

Leah

Leah Campbell Cornwell, SC faeriemaiden@hotmail.com

"In order to see birds, it is necessary to become a part of the silence." Robert Lynd